If you are in need of a bandsaw, then this Rikon 10-326 review is perfectly suited for you to find out if this tool is worth the money.
We have looked at several bandsaws before and they are ideal for cutting into several different materials such as woods and metals. If you need to cut intricate or complicated shapes, then a bandsaw is the tool you need for the job.
In this review, we’ll dive into the core features of the Rikon 10-326 bandsaw, work out its pros and cons and we’ll also show you some alternatives too. Before we do that, we need to outline the key specs that you get with the Rikon 10-326.
Key specifications of Rikon 10-326 bandsaw
You can find the key specifications of the Rikon 10-326 bandsaw below.
|Overall Dimensions||25 x 30 x 75 inches|
|Blade speed||1,445 / 2,950 FT / MIN|
|Cutting capacity||13 inches|
|Dust port||4 inches|
|Latest price||Click here find the latest price|
Core features of Rikon 10-326 bandsaw
Bandsaws are ideal if you have to cut certain shapes from materials such as wood and metal. If you are undertaking outdoor projects such as decking or even indoor ventures like a kitchen redesign, a bandsaw is a necessary tool to have.
The Rikon 10-326 bandsaw has many core features and we have picked out the main ones to show you in this review.
The first core feature of the Rikon 10-326 bandsaw is its speed and it offers two different speed settings – 1,445 / 2,950 FT / MIN. It is also powered by a 1.75 HP motor.
As a bandsaw, this is pretty good and it means you will be able to cut into woods and metals with relative ease. Ideal if you are having to shape materials for different projects such as flooring for example.
It also features a cutting capacity of 13 inches which is generally enough for most DIY and home users.
Adjustable Rip Fence
One of the great features about the Rikon 10-326 bandsaw is the fact that it has an adjustable rip fence so you don’t need to worry about adding one on after purchase.
This greatly helps with the precision and overall accuracy of the bandsaw. It aids this by allowing any materials that you are cutting to be lined up neatly for better cutting. Another benefit to already have an adjustable rip fence is safety. It helps to prevent kickbacks which even for experienced bandsaw users can be dangerous. Although be sure to use the correct safety gear as well.
The width rip fence can be adjusted which allows you to line up the fence with the width of the material you are cutting too. All in all a very good addition to this bandsaw.
Trunnion system with quick lock
The trunnion system with quick-lock allows for a quick angle setting with using the Rikon 10-326 bandsaw and essentially just makes things a lot easier.
The table angles can be set in no time at all and also set firmly so you get better and more accurate cuts as result. It helps to tilt the table either left or right and locks it into place. It might seem like a fairly small feature but it is an important one and something that massively helps when using this bandsaw.
Easy to use
Power tools can often seem complicated and hard to use – especially for beginners or people with very limited DIY experience.
The good thing about the Rikon 10-326 bandsaw is that overall it isn’t difficult to operate and get the hang of. Some features help with this including the trunnion system with quick-lock as well as the adjustable rip fence.
Even if you are a bit hesitant with using a bandsaw you shouldn’t have any problems with this one. There will be a slight learning curve to get really accurate cuts but it is certainly easier than some other models out there.
Rack And Pinion System
The rack and pinion system is there so that you can change the height of the saw accurately and quickly. It has a scale on the guide so you can see exactly what height it is set at and this is adjusted with a small knob on the device.
You can adjust this to your needs with just one hand and it can also be locked into place with one hand as well.
Combined with some of the other features that this bandsaw has, it contributes to a really easy to use bandsaw and cuts down on the time and effort required to get the results you want.
One thing to mention with the Rikon 10-326 bandsaw is its warranty.
While many different tools only come with a one or even two-year warranty, the Rikon 10-326 has a five-year warranty. This is really good and further adds to the appeal of this bandsaw.
You can use this and be safe in the knowledge that you have a good level of cover should anything ever go wrong with it.
How does the Rikon 10-326 bandsaw perform?
Performance wise and the Rikon 10-326 is among the best bandsaw’s that we have come across for a few reasons.
It has several features that simply make the process a lot more straightforward. This includes adjusting the height easily, setting the angles and also lining up materials for cutting too.
The blade guide also helps everything run a lot more smoothly.
With a decent speed and power behind it as well, we found that we can cut into a wide range of materials with no problems. This includes woods, metals and even extends to plastics and some other materials as well. Resawing boards of around 12 inches is easy while you don’t need any tools to make adjustments either – you can do most of these with one hand.
Overall the Rikon 10-326 bandsaw performs very well indeed and has everything you need to make accurate and precision cuts into different materials.
Pros of Rikon 10-326 bandsaw
There is a lot to really like about the Rikon 10-326 bandsaw – here are the best bits.
- Cuts most materials accurately – The main purpose of a bandsaw is to cut various materials in different shapes, sizes and also to do this with precision. The Rikon 10-326 does this really well and it is definitely a big bonus of using this bandsaw. Whether it is wood, certain metals, or plastics, you’ll be safe in the knowledge that it will do the job you want it to.
- Large cast iron table- The large cast iron table is a bonus as well. It is very solidly built and not only is it big enough so you have enough room to work with but it is made of cast iron too. This means you shouldn’t experience any vibrations and it offers a stable base so you can focus on getting the cuts that you need. This also adds to the overall durability of the tool.
- Don’t need additional tools for adjustments – It is very easy to make adjustable to the height or the angle with this bandsaw. You don’t require any additional tools to operate the Rikon 10-326 effectively which is a get advantage. Most of the controls can be changed with just one hand so it is very easy to use and operate.
- Adjustable rip fence – the fact that it comes with one of these parts already installed means you don’t need to add on one later. The adjustable rip fence is not only great to help with precision and accuracy but it adds to the overall safety of the bandsaw as well.
- 5-year warranty – The 5-year warranty is a great feature of the Rikon 10-326. Not many tools give you this length of time and you can use it knowing you’ll be covered should anything go wrong.
Cons of Rikon 10-326 bandsaw
The Rikon 10-326 bandsaw does have certain drawbacks that you need to know about before you go and make a purchase.
- Isn’t the cheapest – While the Rikon 10-326 isn’t the most expensive bandsaw you’ll find on the market, you are going to have to pay a bit for it as well. There is an argument around quality and paying for what you get however, it might be out of the price range for some people. If you aren’t going to be using it on a regular or semi-regular basis this could be a sticking point.
- Limited information in the manual- We were a bit disappointed with the operating manual for this bandsaw. We felt that it could have been descriptive and contained additional information. It does give you fairly clear instructions in terms of setting the bandsaw up but some images and better descriptions of the different parts would have been better. This can be a downside for everyone but especially those who aren’t very experienced with bandsaws.
- Need to buy a mobility kit – If you want to move this bandsaw around and use it in a different location you’ll need to purchase a mobility kit as well. For a lot of people, this isn’t going to be a big concern but it will be a drawback for some. It will also add to the cost of an already fairly pricey machine.
Are there any alternatives?
WEN 3962 Two-Speed bandsaw
If you want something a bit cheaper and you don’t require the same cutting capacity as the Rikon 10-326 then go for the WEN 3962 Two-Speed bandsaw.
It has two speeds 2620 FPM and 1520 FPM as well as a 6-inch cutting height. This is a bit of a drop from the Rikon but it may suit you better depending on your needs. It comes with a 3.5 amps motor and cuts smaller materials pretty well with good accuracy and precision.
Really the big selling point is the price. It comes in a lot cheaper than the Rikon and if you don’t need the power and other features that the Rikon 10-236 provides then this is a pretty good inexpensive alternative.
Laguna Tools MBAND1412
Alternatively, you can look at the Laguna Tools MBAND1412 if you want a bandsaw which is much more similar to the Rikon.
It is slightly more expensive and the warranty isn’t as good either (although the 5-year warranty on the Rikon 10-326 is pretty much the exception rather than the norm). Many of the features are similar as it also has a 1.75 HP motor, cast iron construction, and it is easy to adjust and use too.
A big bonus with the Laguna Tools MBAND1412 is that it comes with a mobility kit whereas the Rikon doesn’t.
Overall this is a very credible choice if you don’t want to go with the Rikon. It will cost a bit more and the warranty is the same but it cuts different materials accurately and the addition of a mobility kit is nice.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. You need to purchase this separately. For many people this isn’t a big deal if you are just going to have it in one place however for some it is a drawback and also an extra expense. You can easily store the Rikon 10-326 as it doesn’t take up a whole lot of space.
Yes. While bandsaws often don’t produce the same amount of dust as some other power tools, it will still generate some. The Rikon 10-326 bandsaw has a 4 inch dust port and this can be connected to either a vacuum or a dust bag for easy collection.
There is some assembly required with the Rikon 10-326. It isn’t too difficult and you should be able to do this either yourself or with one other person. The instruction manual is quite clear however it could use images and better descriptions of the different parts involved.
Yes. The Rikon 10-326 is one of the easiest bandsaws to adjust. You can do this with the different controls and it should only take one hand. Compared to some other bandsaws the Rikon 10-326 is definitely very straightforward.
Yes. There are support options available should you need them and various ways in which you can get in contact. This includes by email and by phone and you can also find manuals and other documentation on the Rikon website.
Yes. Even though there will be a bit of a learning curve with this bandsaw, it isn’t massively complicated. There is an instruction manual and once you have everything assembled it is easy to use. With a bit of practice and experience, you’ll find the Rikon 10-326 very straightforward.
Final thoughts – the Rikon 10-326 offers accurate cuts and is easy to use even if it is a bit expensive
There are many things that we really like about the Rikon 10-326 bandsaw.
It has a lot of great features which not only makes it easy to use but helps you to make accurate and precision cuts to various materials as well. The adjustable rip fence is one and also the trunnion system with quick lock.
It is easy to adjust the height and tilt and the speed settings and power behind this machine is perfectly suited to DIY and home use. You can cut a wide range of materials from woods, metals, and plastics with this bandsaw.
It doesn’t come without a few downsides, however. The price is perhaps the big one. While you’ll discover more expensive bandsaws on the market, the Rikon 10-326 is a bit on the pricey side.
It is very good at what it does and you pay for quality but it might rule some of you out of making a purchase.
The lack of a mobility kit is also a downer although you can buy one, it will obviously add to the overall price.
That being said, we really do like the Rikon 10-326 bandsaw. If your budget can stretch it offers great precision, can cut through various materials, and will make a fine addition to your collection while being incredibly useful for whatever your next home project is.