- DeWalt vs Milwaukee Drills Comparison – Features, Pros and Cons - November 3, 2021
- Best Sanders for Deck Refinishing: How To Find The Right One - September 22, 2021
- The Best U-Shaped Kitchen Ideas and Concepts That You’ll Love! - August 6, 2021
If you own a home or if you are into working on various crafts and projects, one of the things that will be most helpful to you is purchasing a table saw. Table saws are a great tool to have for a number of different projects.
One of the best things about owning your own table saw is that you are going to be able to cut large pieces of wood and other materials without having to worry about them. When it comes to finding a great table saw, we highly recommend choosing the Dewalt DW745.
One of the things that you should always think about when you are looking for a table saw is the capabilities that you want the saw to have. There are so many people who end up unhappy with their choice because they purchase a saw that either does not have something that they end up needing or they spend way too much for features that they end up never using. Instead of just purchasing the first table saw that you see, it is important to consider a few things.
The Dewalt DW745 is a very popular model of saw. This saw is affordable but still has a really long list of features. In fact, the reason that this is my personal choice for a table saw, and the table saw that I recommend to all of my friends is that it is usually the perfect choice for them.
It is a high-quality saw that will power through any job that you have. One of the biggest perks for me has been that it is light enough that it can be completely portable. This means that I can take it with me to job sites and ensure that I always have the proper tools.
Another feature that has proved to be quite handy is the base design. The base has a good grip, which helps to ensure that the table saw does not move when you are using it. The saw is easy to use, and it does not take up as much space as most of the other table saws that are available. This table saw is great for a beginner, but any seasoned user will also appreciate using it.
A Look at the Dewalt DW745 Design
The design of the Dewalt DW745 is pretty basic. There is nothing too exciting about how the saw looks. This does not mean that it still cannot offer you all of the features that you are looking for. However, there are some things that could have been changed within the design. The price is really great for the quality of the saw, which makes it one of the best options.
The best design feature of the Dewalt DW745 is that it allows you to easily adjust the machine without having to use additional tools to make adjustments. This is actually one of the most popular features this saw has.
Another feature that we love is that it has special telescopic fence rails that allow you to position the saw to your particular preferences. This means that the machine is going to adjust and fit your needs rather than you having to work to adjust yourself to the machine.
Dust is a problem with any saw. Thankfully Dewalt does not make you do all of the cleanings yourself. Instead, it features a high-quality dust collecting portal. Although there are a few flaws in the design of the dust collecting portal. This is mainly because it is not fully enclosed, so you may have to do a bit of cleaning yourself.
There are definitely some safety features that you need to consider. One of the best safety features is that there is a guard system that keeps you from having any accidents. In addition, there is a miter gauge, blade guard, and push stick.
This does not mean that you should not still use your own safety equipment while you are using this saw. It does not matter how long you have been working with a saw; you want to be able to use the machine safely. Now, just remember how important it is that you stay focused on safety while on the job.
What We Liked
There are a lot of features that we really like. One of our favorite things about the saw is that it is very lightweight. There are a lot of similar models that are very heavy. In fact, this saw weighs just over fifty pounds, as most of the different saws like this weight considerably more. The reason that this is something that we like is that it allows us to move the saw from one place to another with ease.
Another one of our favorite things that we were very happy with is the price point. While you might expect that this saw costs a considerable amount of money, that is far from the truth. It is actually one of the most affordable saws on the market today.
Dewalt products are typically some of the more expensive options, but with the quality, it is usually worth it to spend this extra money. However, this time, you are going to be surprised to find that this Dewalt saw is very affordable.
What We Did Not Like
There are a couple of things that we did not like as well. One of these is that the top plate is made from plastic. This is something that is not a good option if you want to use your saw for DIY options.
The materials that are in the upper plate are used frequently, and plastic is not going to be as durable as other options would be. Basically, since plastic does not last as long as other materials, it is not the best choice for someone who is going to be using their table saw on a frequent basis.
Finally, there is one additional thing that we did not like. The customer support experience with Dewalt is not very good. If you call in, you can expect long waits, and the possibility that you are not going to get your question answered the first go around.
Dewalt is a unique and innovative company that has been working for a long to bring the highest quality tools to you both at home and at work. The company has a rich history that dates back to 1922 when Raymond DeWalt chose to increase productivity and versatility after creating improvements to the first woodworking machine. Just two years later, Dewalt Products Company was started. The end result was the production of a unique and efficient woodworking machine.
By the end of the 1920s (in 1929), Dewalt was moving into their new factory. In 1941 Dewalt began working with the government to ensure that the military needs were met. Then in 1947, they rebranded and reincorporated going from the Dewalt Products Company to Dewalt Inc. Over the years, there have been mergers and new manufacturing facilities. This was the trajectory until 1992.
In 1992 there were some huge improvements made. It was during this time that the portable electric power tools were introduced to the market. The tool that was released targeted different industries. There were new developments for contractors, individuals, woodworkers, and remodelers. Just two years later, they would introduce additional products that were geared to these same groups of people. Today Dewalt remains a leader of innovation and design for tools.
Definitely. The Dewalt DW745 is our personal favorite. It's a very affordable tool and one of the best options available on the market. It's both lightweight and durable and it will stay with you for a long time and always get the job done.
Dewalt DW745 Specs
- Size (Dimensions) – 25.8 inches x 26.5 inches x 13.9 inches
- Power Source – Electric with a cord
- Wattage – 1400W
- Weight – 53 pounds
- Voltage – 120V
Dewalt DW745 Pros
- The Dewalt DW745 is lightweight.
- It is a highly portable saw.
- The saw is available for an affordable price.
- There are no issues with the cutting ability of the saw as it cuts easily.
- The Dewalt DW745 is a very durable tool and will last for a long time.
- It has a very accurate guide.
Dewalt DW745 Cons
- The Dewalt DW475 features a large amount of plastic, including the top plate.
- Sadly Dewalt’s customer service is not that great.
Dewalt DW745 Price
The price of the Dewalt DW745 is roughly $279. The saw is a really good option for this price point and is a really surprising price since the saw comes from one of the leading brands in the tool industry. It is a high quality saw for the money and costs less than what other saws that have the same features are from the same brand, or have similar qualities costs.
Tips for Choosing the Right Table Saw
Choosing a table saw might seem overwhelming to start. It can be a challenge to find the perfect table saw for your needs. So, we decided that we would share some tips with you about how to choose the right table saw.
#1 – There are two questions that you should ask yourself when you are looking to find the right saw
The first of these is: “How do you plan on using your new table saw?” The second is: “Where are you going to set up and use your table saw?”
When it comes to how you are going to use your new saw, there are some things that you should consider. Think about whether you are using the saw to help with things around the house or if you are going to make things and work on job sites.
Next, you need to think about where you are going to store your saw. It is important to note that you are going to not only need some space but also really think about how often you will use the saw. The reason that you need to consider this is to figure out whether or not the saw needs to be readily accessible rather than just stored.
#2 – Know the different types of table saws and how they are going to work for you
There are a few different types of table saws, and by being able to understand them, you can determine which is going to meet your needs. There are actually three different main categories of table saws, and they include contractor table saws, portable saws, and cabinet saws.
- Contractor Table Saws – One of the overall most popular saws that are available today is the contractor table saw. These are a great saw that offers between one and two horsepower motors that are going to help to ensure that you can get all of the tasks done. These saws are very heavy and typically weigh more than two hundred pounds. This is due to them being made from the high-quality metal parts that weigh more than the parts that are made out of plastic. They have a wide range of different features and offer a great amount of support if you are looking for a good table saw.
- Bench Table Top Saws – Bench tabletop saws are also known as portable saws or job site saws. These are very small saws that are easy to move around as they do not weigh much. They also are easy to use and create super high-quality cuts. The Dewalt DW745 falls into this category of table saws. Plus, they are not going to use more power than what you can get from a standard outlet within your home. They are also perfect for you if you do not have a lot of space. Some of the models of bench tabletop saws that I have used in the past do not seem to have as much power. They can have a hard time with cutting thicker boards.
- Cabinet Saws – Cabinet saws are often called names like King Kong due to their size. They take up a lot of room. Plus, they also weigh close to or over five hundred pounds. They are very powerful saws that can easily do any job that you might need to get done. In addition, they use a lot of power, so you have to check and make sure that your home or shop is set up for that much power to be used before you start using one.
#3 – Know the features that you want
It is a big part of finding a saw to know and understand the different features and what you want for the saw. Here are the most common features of a saw –
- Flat top – The flat-top cuts on a flat surface. These saws even feature a flatness deviation scale that allows for the most accurate cuts.
- Wing Additions – One of the things that you should look for if you are purchasing a cabinet or a contractor saw is that you will want to make sure that you can easily mount the saw to a table. The wing additions are there to keep you safe.
- Fence type – You want to be sure that the rip fence is locked down and that it is parallel to the blade. If you do not have a fence with your saw, make sure that you can purchase a compatible one.
- Blade Factors – Next, you will want to look at the blade. Think about the process of changing a blade and see if you can watch it being done before you buy it. This is a great skill set because it ensures that you are able to get what you need to be accomplished.
- Miter gauge – The miter gauge is a highly accurate gauge. You will want to choose one that has a 45 degree and 90 degrees stop. You want a miter gauge that is on the table as well. This is to ensure that you are accurate in your measurements.
- Bevel Capacity – If you plan on making angled cuts, you will need to really focus on the bevel capacity. This is going to ensure that you can safely tilt the blade and how far you can tilt the blade, so it is something that you should consider and think about.
- Dust Collection – If you are going to be using the saw indoors, you will want to make sure that you keep the area clean and free of dust. If your saw has a dust collector, that is going mean less cleaning for you.
#4 – Do your research
Finding a great saw that you are going to love for years to come is going to require that you take the time to do research. Read reviews, go to the manufacturer’s website and check out what others are saying, and even checking out videos on websites like YouTube, where you can learn more about the products.
Power – Once you know the type of wood that you want to cut, you will want to look at the different power levels that are needed. Ensure that you saw that you purchase has the level of power that you need.
Once all of these things are completed, you will be ready to move on and develop your own unique projects.
Of course, there is no perfect saw, and while the Dewalt DW745 was the one that I personally thought was great for myself, you might be completely different. The only way to ensure that you have the perfect saw is to take the time to research and test them thoroughly.
Bosch is a leader in the tool industry and a name that you know that you can trust. They are known for producing high-quality products and in standing behind their products to ensure that the customer is always happy.
- Power – 15 – amp (electric motor)
- Horsepower – 4 HP
- RP Capacity – 25 inches
- Blade Diameter – 10 inches
Innovative, gravity rise, collapsible table saw stand allows you to adjust height to meet your specific needs while the 8 inch treaded pneumatic wheels provide mobility from jobsite to jobsite.
- The fence is of high quality, but there are many fence designs that could have potentially made this better.
- It is made from high-quality aluminum that makes the machine run smoother in all areas of operation.
- Features Bosch Smart Guard System that helps machines to be more stable and fewer injuries to happen.
- Protection from kickback. Most people do not realize that kickback is the most common table saw the accident, so the fact that you are protected is something to consider.
- Easily adjusted blade height.
- Generous angles are available for beveled cuts.
- The saw features a unique gravity-rise stand.
- The miter gauge has some real issues and is not as solid as it should be.
- The saw is expensive, and it is not budget-friendly or at a price point where everyone can afford it.
If you are simply doing projects around your home, then you need to consider the SKIL 3410 table saw. This saw is perfect for the smaller projects around the home but is not the best choice if you are trying to find a table saw to use for work.
- Power – 15 amp motor
- Speed of Blade – 5,000 RPM
- Horsepower – 2 HP motor
- Weight – 67.5 pounds
- Blade Size – 10 inches
- RIP Capacity – 12 inches – 24.5 inches
This table saw with heavy duty folding stand for fast setup and easy transport cut height capacity cuts through 4 times materials Self-aligning rip fence for accurate measurements. Miter gauge guides work pieces when making cross cuts EZ view measurement system for accurate settings.
- This saw has a solid heavy duty folding the stand and quick-mount option, which are perfect for getting the saw ready quickly before use.
- The saw features a very powerful motor.
- The saw has the EZ View measurement system, which allows you to view the items that you are cutting easily.
- Many advanced safety features to keep you protected.
- The table can be extended so that you can work on larger pieces.
- Special onboard storage that helps you to have tools in one place.
- There is no dust collection port, so all of your dust and debris are just falling to the floor.
- The start is rough, as there is not a soft start option.
FAQs (Common Questions)
There are a number of features that could offer the claim that both the Dewalt and the Bosh table saw is the best option available. However, there are personal preferences that really make a difference. For me personally, I have always had good luck with the Dewalt products that I have purchased, so it was only natural for me to prefer the Dewalt table saw when I was checking out different options.
That being said, some testers really seemed to prefer the Bosch for their own preferences. Regardless, both table saws are solid choices, and the one that you like best will really depend on what your preferences are.
Again, the table saw that is “best” is really subjective. While I personally always tend to choose Dewalt (for most tools, table saws included), there are other brands that make great table saws as well. Instead of just naming one brand or sharing any preference that is personal with you,
I have decided to share the top brands with you that have each been impressive in both quality and standards. They include Grizzly, Dewalt, Bosch, SKIL, Makita, Powermatic, SKILSAW, and Craftsman. If you are purchasing a table saw from any of these brands, you will find that it is going to last a long time and will usually be efficient in getting the job done.
There are many table saws that are great for use at home. The Dewalt DW745 is one of the best table saws that you can purchase for home use. One of the things that makes it so nice for use in the home is that it is extremely lightweight.
It only weighs fifty-four pounds, which allows you to move the table saw throughout your home with ease. Some other models that have been rated as being great for home use include the Shop Fox W1819 (but this one weighs over 450 lbs so you’d have to leave it stationary and it would not be possible to move around), Dewalt DWE7491RS (again heavier than the DW745 which is my personal favorite), Bosch 4100-09 (great choice, but still over 100 lbs), and the Craftsman 21807 (lightweight and very affordable for those who might not have the means to purchase a more expensive model).
There are many different cabinet table saws on the market. These are some of the best cabinet table saws that you can purchase today:
• Saw Stop ICS5123052 5 HP Industrial Cabinet Table Saw
• Powermatic 1792017K Model PM2000 10-inch 5 HP 1-Phase Table Saw
• SawStop ICS31230-52 3HP Industrial Cabinet Saw
• Powermatic 1792010K PM2000 5HP 1PH Table Saw
• Powermatic 1792006K Model PM2000 5 HP 3-Phase Table Saw
Which cabinet table saw you prefer, will usually be completely relative to your preference and project type. Do not be afraid to go to the store and check them out. Consider your needs, your budget, and the projects that you plan on doing and find the saw that meets those needs specifically.
There are many great table saws available on the market today. Finding a good one only requires you to make a list of the features that you want, the brands that you trust, and the overall jobs that you will be doing. Once you know your options, you can then determine which of these is going to best fit in your budget.
Table Saw Safety Tips
Now that you are purchasing your new table saw, you will need to know how to operate the saw safely. It is one of the most important tools for woodworkers and a tool that many home DIYers choose to have in their shop. Here are some of the top safety tips.
- Never wear gloves when you are using a table saw. The biggest reason is that you might have a loss of tactical sense, which could result in an injury. It is impossible to grip your tool if you are wearing gloves properly.
- Keep the area around your saw clean. You want to make sure that you have your sawdust and the cut-offs cleaned up. They can cause problems that include sliding, slipping, or even falling and ending up with a serious injury, all of which could have been avoided.
- Make sure that you are wearing both eye protection. There are many things that can go wrong that could result in damage to the eyes. You could be hit by some type of projectile or even have sawdust in your eyes. All of these things could lead to permanent eye damage.
- Use hearing protection. There are many reasons to use hearing protection, but the main one is to prevent yourself from having to deal with premature hearing loss. There are many loud noises associated with the table saw, so this is important.
- Dress appropriately. You will want to give up ties and jewelry and wear short-sleeved shirts. You want to make sure that your clothing is well-fitting and that you are not wearing loose-fitting clothing as well. These things could all result in a serious injury or even death.
- Make sure that you are standing correctly. When you are using a saw, you will want to stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. You will want to make sure that you are standing in the way that is going to secure your position and keep you stable so that there are no chances of falling into the saw while you are using it.
- Wear shoes that do not slip. It is important that you have footwear on that is going to keep you stable and will not slip while you are doing work. High-quality shoes with a good sole should be your overall goal.
- Only use the saw as intended. You will want to ensure that you are only using the saw s it is intended to be used. This means that you are not going to try and do any awkward operations that could lead to injury.
- Use the stock stick. When you are cutting wood that is 6 inches or less in width, there is one thing that you should never do. You can never use your hands to push these small pieces of wood through the saw. These are the things that stock sticks were made for in order to ensure that you do not get injured.
- Don’t forget the stop block. Another important tool that is going to keep you from being injured when you are operating a saw is the stop block. The stop block is going to allow for you to crosscut the shorter boards without fear of being injured. This piece is especially important and becomes essential when you are using it after cutting shorter boards.
- Make sure that your body is not in line with the blade. If you are able to ensure that you are not putting your body in harm’s way, then you are going to be less likely to injure yourself. In addition, if you are positioned where you are not in line with the blade, you are not going to have sawdust or debris land on you.
- Keep yourself from reaching over or behind the blade of the saw. This is particularly important to ensure that you are not going to cut yourself accidentally. While this might look safe, it is NEVER going to be safe to do this.
- If you need a new saw blade, it is essential that you have completely disconnected the saw from all power sources before you begin the process of replacing the blade.
- Make sure that the saw is off before making adjustments. It is essential for your safety that you ensure that the saw is completely off before you make any blade adjustments or anything else.
- Only use a smooth and clean table. It is also important that the table saw is sitting on a table that is smooth and free from debris and sawdust.
These safety tips will ensure that you are operating your saw safely.
Conclusion – Why I Chose the Dewalt DW745
When you are in the market for a good, portable table saw, one of the best options that you can find is the Dewalt DW745. This saw is unique in that it is affordable and still has everything that you will want. If you are worried about shopping for something because of the price, it is important to budget and saves up so that you can really get what you want and need.
The Dewalt DW745 is not going to take as long to save for with it being so affordable. There is a wide range of comparisons that you can consider as well. The quality overall is great, but there were a few aspects that we thought could have been designed better. That being said, it is certainly one of the best table saws on the market, and it was our personal favorite.
Definitely. The Dewalt DW745 is our personal favorite. It's a very affordable tool and one of the best options available on the market. It's both lightweight and durable and it will stay with you for a long time and always get the job done.
- Dewalt DCD777C2 Review – Powerful and User-Friendly Experience: In this DeWalt DCD777C2 Review we look at the features, offers, pros, and cons of this drill driver. Is it suitable for your needs? Read here to find out!
- Hitachi C10RJ Table Saw Review – Features, Pros, and Cons: Take a look at its main features, capabilities, who the C10RJ is meant for and show you some great alternatives.